1. Pre-heat oven to 325 F. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper, set aside. Place flour, sugar, oats, baking powder, butter,
and salt in a large food processor. Cover and process until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
2. Stir together eggs, brandy and vanilla in a large bowl using a wire wisk. Stir in flour mixture, almonds, and cherries until combined. If necessary knead dough until it clings together.
3. Divide dough into three equal portions. Using floured hands and working on a lightly floured surface, shape each dough portion into a 9 inch long roll. Place rolls three inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
4. Baked in pre-heated oven on two wire racks for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool on cookie sheets for 45 minutes.
5. Cut each roll crosswise into 1/2 inch thick slices, slicing carefully with a serrated knife, cut sides down, on cookie sheets.
6. Bake for 8 minutes. Carefully turn over slices and bake for another 8-10 minutes more or until crisp and lightly browned. Transfer biscotti to wire racks and cool completely.
7. Microwave chocolate and shortening in a medium microwave safe bowl for 1 -2 minutes or until mixture is melted and smooth. Drizzle white chocolate mixture over biscotti. Let biscotti stand until chocolate sets. Makes 48. Can be stored in freezer for up to 3 months.