My dad is a cook & he made these pancakes. He never used any measuring cups/spoons to measure out any ingredients when he cooked & I have always been amazed at how he can make food taste so good without measuring any of the ingredients. I need to measure ingredients out in order to cook my food!
1. Melt the butter or margarine in a saucepan.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt & sugar) together in a mixing bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, beat 1 egg. Add the milk & melted butter into the same bowl as the egg & mix together.
4. Slowly add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients to prevent forming lumps in the mixture. Once all of the ingredients have been added together in 1 bowl, mix thoroughly.
5. Heat pan on stove. Once the pan is hot enough, pour the pancake batter into the pan by using a measuring cup or another cup with a spout so the batter forms a round pancake. Add enough batter to the pan to form a pancake that has a diameter of about 3".
6. Heat the batter on the pan until bubbles start to form on the top of the batter. Once the bubbles appear, flip the pancake using a spatula & cook the remaining side until golden brown.
Makes approximately eight 3" pancakes.