These adorable Santa Hat Oreo Cookie Balls are sure to get you in the Christmas spirit! I made these cookies for our annual Christmas Cookie exchange. They were a huge hit!
1. Crush the Oreo cookies in your food processor. (Depending on the size of yours, you may need to do this in batches.)
2. Combine the crushed cookies and cream cheese in a medium bowl. You can use a mixer or your hands (like I did!)
3. Scoop out cookie "dough" and roll into 1" balls. Then pinch the top of the balls into a cone shape.
4. Place formed hats on a parchment lined cookie sheet and place in your freezer for about an hour.
5. In a microwave safe measuring cup, melt the red candy melts. I usually do mine for a minute and then additional 15 second increments until the candy has melted and can be stirred smooth. (Actual time may depend on your microwave.)
6. Dip each cookie hat into the melted red candy, allow the excess coating to drip off, and then place the cookie back on the cookie sheet until the candy hardens.
7. While the red candy is hardening, melt the white candy melts.
8. Dip the bottoms of the hats in white candy. Return to the cookie sheet to harden.
9. If desired, moisten the marshmallows with water and then roll in white sprinkles. (I just got my fingertips wet and then touched the marshmallows to moisten them.)
10. Dip one side of the marshmallow in the white candy and then attach it to the top of the red hat.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge.