1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In medium bowl, mix crushed gingersnaps, pecans, and butter. Press into bottom and up sides of a 9" springform pan. Bake crust 10 minutes in preheated oven; set aside to cool.
2. In medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and vanilla just until smooth. Mix in eggs, one at a time, blending well after each. Set aside 1 cup mixture. Blend 1/4 cup sugar, pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg into remaining mixture.
3. Spread pumpkin mixture into crust and drop plain mixture by spoonfuls onto the top. Swirl with the tip of a knife to create the marbled effect.
4. Bake 55 minutes, or until filling is set. Run a knife around the edge of the pan. Allow to cool before removing rim. Chill 4 hours before serving.
5. Once chilled, prepare Pumpkin Whipped Cream.
6. Spread over cheesecake, then sprinkle with mini chips.