I wanted to avoid the preservatives and poor fish quality of store bought fish sticks, but keep the low-cost and quick cooking time. This is a very inexpensive and easy to make dish that can be served with fries for the traditional fish and fries, with a vegetable side, or enjoyed by itself. All the ingredients listed cost me under $8. Serves 2.
1) Soak swai nuggets in the milk for 15 minutes. This makes a milder taste to the fish.
2) Blend eggs with a fork or whisk in a small bowl.
3) Blend the bread crumbs, salt, and lemon pepper seasoning together on a plate.
4) Heat the oil in a small frying pan over med-high heat until it sizzles when a droplet of water is dripped into it.
5) Take swai nuggets from the milk one at a time. Do not rinse off milk. Dip into the egg bowl, and then immediately roll in the bread crumb mixture.
6) Drop coated fish into the oil, being cautious not to let hot oil splash onto your skin.
7) Fry in the oil for approximately 5-8 minutes, turning over at least once.
8) Use a slotted spoon, spatula, or fork to remove the fish and place onto a plate that has a paper bag or several paper towels on it. Allow the fish to sit for a few minutes to let the oil drain.
9) Serve with lemon wedges and tarter sauce, or with malt vinegar.