This is a delicious combination of the Greek spanakopita and the Mexican quesadilla dishes. It is a fairly healthy snack choice, can be shared between 2-3 people as an appetizer, or great as an individual breakfast or lunch.
1) Saute the onion in a small amount of olive oil until just translucent. Set aside.
2) Heat the olive oil over med-high heat until hot in a sauce pan large enough to fit the tortillas flat in the bottom.
2) Drop one of the tortillas into the hot oil and quickly add the spinach, cooked onion, and cheddar on top. Then add the second tortilla on top of the ingredients.
3) Allow to cook for about 2 minutes. Using a large spatula, carefully flip the tortillas over in the pan. Allow to cook for another 2 minutes.
4) Slide onto a large plate and cut into 8 pieces using a round pizza cutter.
5) If desired, drizzle hot sauce over the top.
6) Spread pieces slightly apart toward the edge of the plate to make a small space in the center. This is where you will place your sour cream or cucumber yogurt dip.