My flavor inspiration was Turtles chocolates and I wanted to make a chewy on the outside, fudgy on the inside chocolate cookie studded with toffee and pecan pieces.
1. Preheat your oven to 375 and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
2. Whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. Cream the butter and sugars together until fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula then beat in the egg until completely combined
4. Stir in the flour until it forms a soft and sticky dough. Fold in the chips, toffee, and pecans.
5. Drop tablespoons of dough onto the parchment paper lined cookie sheets and gently press down on the dough to flatten it with your fingers. Place the cookie dough 1 - 2 inches apart to allow for spreading during baking
6. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes then carefully transfer the entire sheet of parchment onto a wire cooking rack. The cookies will be very soft but they will firm up as they cool.