Indulgent and rich cake for those with a mighty sweet tooth
1. Preheat the oven to 180 decrees. Line two cake tines with baking parchment and grease the paper. Sift the flour and baking powder together three times.
2. Cream the butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy. Slowly mix in the beaten eggs. Add the vanilla extract. Fold in the flour mixture, alternating with the milk. Divide the batter between the cake tins and spread evenly, bake until the cakes pull away from the sides of the tin. About 30 minutes. Cool in the tins for 5 minutes and cool on a wire rack.
3. To make the frosting, bring the brown sugar and milk to the boil, cover and cook for 2 minutes. Uncover and continue to boil, without stirring until the mixture reaches soft ball stage.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and add the butter, but do not stir it in. Leave to cool until lukewarm, then beat until smooth. Stir in enough cream to obtain a spreadable consistency.
5. Sandwich the cake together with one-third of the frosting and then cover the cake's top and sides, decorate with whipped cream and caramel threads